Recruited to work for Commanding General on office automation implementation. Developed and executed deployment plan. Recalled to active duty as systems analyst during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
Transportation Systems Analyst, 1990-1991
- Developed and wrote data warehouse for managing cargo movement that:
- determined most cost effective discharge port for equipment returning from Saudi Arabia;
- archived information on over 100,000 pieces of cargo for subsequent reports and queries;
- recorded and managed data on over 40,000 ocean shipping containers.
- Awarded Joint Service Commendation Medal.
Project Officer, 1984-1986
- Pioneered office automation program for organization of 1200 employees through:
- policy coordination with headquarters command and communication to local and remote command executive staff;
- management of Working Group responsible for introduction and use of equipment;
- proposal, execution, and documentation of pilot project that evaluated vendor’s equipment;
- consolidation of all command requirements into a comprehensive plan;
- acquisition and installation of PCs and word processors budgeted at over $750,000.
- Authored 40 hour course in PC technology and taught to command employees.
- Awarded Joint Service Achievement Medal