Enrollment/Information Services Director, 1993 – 1996
Recruited by top executives to be enrollment and information services director for start-up HMO.
- Built initial corporate information infrastructure including LAN, telephone system, and call center.
- Launched enrollment department. Designed and implemented system. Recruited and managed staff of seven in entry of membership enrollment and eligibility data and reconciliation with city, county, and state agencies.
- Advised company management on all membership and enrollment issues. Specific focus on relationships with Marketing, Member Services, and Finance Departments.
- Created Medicaid recipient and provider databases through scanning and optical character recognition and performed data mapping for company using MapInfo.
- Designed and programmed interface to state online enrollment system with Clipper. System increased membership acceptance ratio and provided detailed marketing activity reports.
- Guided growth of plan membership from 0 to over 45,000 members in first 8 months of operations.